Wednesday, May 18, 2011

it's IN me

For prophets, poets, artists, and anyone with a voice that needs to be heard... it IS in you, isn't it.
 
But if I say, “I will not mention him or speak any more in his name,” his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.
         Jeremiah 20:9


it’s IN me


it’s IN me
can’t help it
God gave it
woe be to me if I don't proclaim it

I’ll bang it out on a drum

take away my drumsticks
  I’ll pluck it on a guitar
take away the guitar
  I’ll plunk it on a keyboard
take away the keyboard
  I’ll click it on a keypad
take away the keypad
  I’ll scrawl it out in pen and ink
take away the pen
  I have a voice, I’ll sing it out
stop up my voice
  I’ll dance it out with my feet
trip up my feet
  I’ll make signs with my hands
bind my hands
  it’ll shine in my eyes
shut my eyes
  you can’t shut my soul

so give it up
and let it go

woe be to me if I don't express it
God gave it
can’t help it
it’s IN me

and it's got to come out


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers