Tuesday, May 31, 2011

coffee shop prayer

Sitting in a coffee shop this morning, getting re-centered and recalibrated, scrawling out a prayer to the One who can soothe me, steer me, and draw my unsettled soul back home.

Lord 
Teacher
Healer

endpoint of my longing

hear my silent secret cries
heart to heart
deep to deep
wordlessly, longingly

without You who am I
chaos in flesh and bone
scrambling in all directions
accelerated heartbeat with no point
no direction
no substance

but this morning You call 
and with Your help
I focus on Your voice
and at last 
I come 

like a puppy
wanting to please You
wanting to bring that smile
and to stop the running for long enough
to land and settle
in Your broad joy
and laughing approval

to rest content 
and feel Your heartpulse

following You
listening and responding
linked by soul
a holy artery
I sense the steering inside
and wait
for the next command

pliable
and at peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers