Monday, January 24, 2011

ready to believe

A song lyric about my own up and down struggle to trust God like a child.  Like a kid wanting to jump into his dad's arms, vascillating, hesitating. He's there, he's ready, arms extended.  Why, after decades of being safely caught, do I still hold back?

can i walk not by sight
but by faith in your light
can i trust an unseen hand
to lead me where i've never been
can i soar through the years
breathing prayer
instead of fear

i'm ready to believe
beyond what i can see
restore to me the faith of a child

you would speak words of peace
captive souls would be released
you would call the faint of heart
to venture out to where you are
when you ask
do you dare
to follow me anywhere


i'm ready to believe
beyond what i can see
restore to me the faith of a child 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers