Thursday, January 6, 2011

first light (from a thousand questions)

A Thousand Questions (see link on this page) is a short film that tracks the journey of a soul to understand the rampant pain and injustice in the world.  But the film begins at the Very Beginning.  It was an absolute joy to write this piece and to try to get inside God's mind and heart, and to see it come together as a visual worship explosion on the screen.



back before creation
before the formation
of all that is
there was
You
God
Yourself
perfect
complete
needing nothing

but did you look out into that empty sky
with a lonesome ache for something more
something yet to be born
unformed
were you reaching for us
were you reaching

for me?

let it BE
you said

and with that one command it was all underway
light and energy
gravity synchronicity
orbits and galaxies
comets hurtling down galactic highways
a space time ballet
a thousand years but a day

a brand new planet
hot with the fires of creation
life under construction
cells replication
DNA code
imbedded commands of how to grow

make yourself at home
woman and man
walk the length of the land
scale the mountains
run the rivers
drink from the springs
let your free will wander down the pathways
of this garden
called
Eden

                   

4 comments:

  1. Hi, is it possible for me to get the script?

    The video is inspiring to me and I would like to share it to others, but in different language... I would be helpful for me to get the script, so I can translate it directly...

    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sylvia,

    So glad you're inspired by the video! I am working on getting a file of the text. I should have something for you very shortly. There may be a translation already in existence. Let me know what you need specifically...Would you want to email me with the best way to get a file to you? gferguson@willowcreek.org

    Thanks!
    peace
    greg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Greg,
    I just watched "A Thousand Questions" and was deeply moved. The film is the work of a very creative team, but so much rides on your script -- well done!
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Greg, loved the video of course and wanna use it in our local (Dutch) church. Did you ever work out that script completely?

    Peter

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Followers