Monday, November 7, 2011

just one exhale away

So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.  Luke 11:9-10

Help. Flowing.

For every dead end 
or dense fog, 
every disorientation. 


It is not blocked,
Not scrambled at the source.
Not log jammed.
It is not tied up in red tape.
It is not confounded or confused,
It has not lost its way.

God You are flowing Your help this instant.
In real time.

I am not alone on this planet without guidance or assistance.
Ever.

The thing is, 
I must remain wide open, 
not crimping the reception 
with my inattention, 
or doubt.

What if I
lived this day expectantly,
confidently,
assured that the great gates are open
and the rushing river of rescue is available,
waiting only for us to open our souls
and receive it. 

Just a little bit of trust,
And we’re there.

Just one exhale away.

2 comments:

  1. This totally captured something I was writing about last night - about trust and confidence. What really clicked for me, though, is the thought of "one exhale away." I never really stopped to think about a spiritual holding of my breath, trying to hang onto control rather than just exhaling into what God has in store and trusting that it will be exactly what He intends. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deborah! You just gave me a new depth of understanding of the process too...releasing our way into what God wants to do...i want to live like that.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Followers