Saturday, October 15, 2011

two lenses

I have two lenses through which I can view my world.

They're very different.

I can look at life as a
position to be defended

or as an
adventure to be explored.

The first lens feeds a bubbling undercurrent of anxiety.

The second opens me up to new worlds
and recovers my smile.

A thousand voices tell me to choose the first lens, because the world is a hard place and it will steal what you've been given--the millisecond you're not vigilant.

One Voice tells me to toss that worthless, blurred-up lens of anxious grasping, and start the adventure.

As a person of faith, I must believe I'm not locked in by DNA or past history or the dire warnings of the world.

So... I can choose which lens I look through.

Which will it be today?

1 comment:

  1. Excellent ... and a reminder that: a] the choice is ours; and b] we will choose one or the other. Thank you Greg for helping me remember to chose "an adventure to be explored" :-) ... very much looking forward to a cup of coffee with you one of these days there in Chicagoland!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Followers