Sunday, April 3, 2011

help for the cells


This is a prayer for a loved one to be put back together.  I'm digging for every resource of trust and inner imagination I have, trying to focus them, and place them into God's hands. The war between faith and fear is fierce.

I believe
I say it again
I believe

that right now
with the deepest of mercy
your timeless eyes
look upon her as she sleeps
and you are moved to heal.

you see every cell
every organ
you know her bloodstream
her history
the complex of neural highways
your expert eyes identify 
every miscue
every misfire
the misunderstandings between systems
the shocks and toxins
the warring factions
the accumulated insults

but

one whisper of a command from you
and all systems 
surrender

and the healing begins.

your purifying
clarifying
light
is coarsing through her
now.

perfection and grace
doing their corrective work
flowing down every pathway
every cell and every control. 

all things fall into line,
into cooperation
at your command-
at your reassurance. 

inner tides restore their balance,
their clockwork symmetry.

her breathing unlabors
her synapses cool down
alarms relax 
and flight responses let go

life and light
clarity, serenity
perfect rhythm
perfect peace
a dance in synchronicity.

the work of belief has taken hold--

renewal complete. 

exhale.  sigh. 

restoration.

thank
you
beyond
words.

5 comments:

  1. in much less poetic form, this is what i've prayed for tammy and mark. still enjoy your words so much.

    btw, i was at willow on baptism sunday and was excited to see you standing 20 feet away singing...so good to hear you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw you and Brooke out there. It was good to see you! Sorry we didn't get a chance to connect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen my brother I join with you in that prayer.
    Much Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stand in agreement before our mighty and powerful God. Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Shuree and Shawn for standing with me in this. There are so many people in my world fighting this battle.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Followers