Monday, November 1, 2010

worship under the microscope

is there any worship in me really

is there a heart that searches up to You

(yes daily I instinctively  give you that)

is there a lifting up of you in my Spirit

You- the one that is true

You- the one that takes it  all willingly in

and finds ways to sneak comfort into my insides hourly

even when I can only stand to have my heart broken once a day

and the quota is exceeded



even when I am so weak I brittle up to You

and bleed out my requests daily and paltry up my thanks

throwing you offhanded perfunctories

as if they were somehow significant



this is worship?

how often do I dimple my knees with actual floor friction

how often do I still my overcooked heart

and serve you up something real

how often do I even enter into the anatomy of thanks

deeper than surface

deeper than skin

deeper than the shallow end of the pool

deeper than tossed off words

scrawled onto paper and forgotten

deeper than the paper they’re casually scribbled onto


without a surgery of thanks how does it become real

I should at least ruffle it up

and not let it be so clean and buttoned down



and what do You see in me.

why do you accept my raw and selfish scrawlings

as any worship at all?
--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers