Monday, November 1, 2010

choir planet manifesto

ask me where my help comes from
ask me how I stay strong
how I ascend the heights
and don’t turn my ankle
on the jagged stones

we lean our weight into the dynamo of the almighty God
our eyes and our hope are firmly fixed
on the reach and the scope
of the love and the power
of the Infinite One

our food is to do the will of the One who sent us
our drink is the Wellspring of living water

He is our peace
who has broken down every dividing wall
He is our confidence,
our firm place to stand
our everpresent hope

everwatchful eyes searching to and fro
evershielding arms reaching out to hold
lifting and rescuing

the consolation of the nations
the release
the relief

he is our joy our light
the delight of our hearts
the lifter of our heads
securer of our souls
the air that fills our lungs
the Spirit who guides us
and  propels us forward

He is our sustenance, our tenacity
He is before all things
and in Him all things hold together
He is our everlasting to everlasting

the very blood in my veins
is redeemed and claimed
by the blood of Another

so here I stand 
I can do no other

  --

1 comment:

  1. Greg,
    I love the part about "the very blood in my veins...". I have the sort of light skin where you can see my veins on the inside of my arms. As I glance at them now, your words are a great reminder of how amazing our God is. Thanks for sharing.
    I hope you have a terrific birthday!
    Tracey Neumarke

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Followers