Thursday, December 15, 2011

key-click prayer



sometimes just the act of writing 
gives me 
an uncommon peace. 


God i feel closer to You 
clicking these keys
as i still my spirit.

i sense You 
in the rhythm of the click,
on the wave of the exhale, 
on the smooth, the flow, the jazz of silent. 

You are here, inhabiting this space.  
flow.  ahhhhhhhh.
following down the current like water to its pool. 
settling me now
moment by moment. 
i sense You at work setting me right.

this feels like true prayer.  
connected to the body,
to the breath. 

sometimes my prayer is distracted..
i have to push toward heaven
pressing it uphill, 
not quite sure it's real--
was my heart was in it?  


today, i breathe this prayer.  it lives.  
i release it to the care of God.
i bid it bon voyage...
see you in heaven good friend.. 
do your work.  

this requires time
patience  
and no sense 
of needing to be somewhere else.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Greg...reading this is like having a cold beer at the end of the day. Thanks for this. Jay

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Followers